Marketing Communications Intern
Job location: Woburn, MA
Position Type: Intern
ByAllAccounts, a privately funded financial software firm located in Woburn, MA, offers the leading account aggregation solution for wealth managers. The ByAllAccounts data service delivers reconciliation-ready financial data from thousands of online sources to multiple accounting, reconciliation, and portfolio management systems. Demand for our unique data interpretation and transformation service is growing rapidly, and demands on our corporate infrastructure are increasing as our organization expands to keep up with the demand.
ByAllAccounts is looking for an intern to support a growing marketing team. ByAllAccounts is a small and fast growing company, offering the intern an opportunity to gain substantial professional marketing experience. This internship is a sure resumé booster!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Acquisition and Channel Marketing, the Marketing Communications Intern is chartered with developing our social media channels, driving more frequent and effective communications with clients and supporting our public relations activities.
- Client and Partner Communications: Collaborate with other departments to create content for monthly client and partner newsletters. Publish and distribute the newsletters using Marketo – our marketing automation platform. Update our Partner Portal. Assist in creation of a regular communications program for existing partners. Update SalesForce to ensure that appropriate partner contacts are included.
- Buyer Persona Interviews: Become familiar with SalesForce (ByAllAccounts’ CRM) to arrange interviews for the VP Marketing with recent clients of ByAllAccounts for the purposes of analyzing why they purchased ByAllAccounts. Record these interviews and help document and distribute findings. Also arrange interviews with buyers that did not elect to use ByAllAccounts, potential partners and others.
- Public Relations Coordination: Project manage PR activities, including tracking action items for ByAllAccounts and IMPACT, working with internal teams to drive them forward and ensure that they are completed Research industry awards and executive speaking opportunities; assist in the development of award/speaking submissions. Post news mentions and press announcements to the company website.
- Event Coordination: Coordinate logistics of ByAllAccounts’ trade show sponsorships, speaking events, virtual and in-person events. This involves speaking with ByAllAccounts’ clients to determine best locations and topics for events.
- Social Media Coordination: Edit and post three blogs each week. Work closely with the Marketing Coordinator and Social Media Intern to develop 10-15 tweets per day for the ByAllAccounts twitter account.
All interested candidates will be expected to edit a blog post for ByAllAccounts as part of the interview process.
This is a temporary, paid internship. Interns should also be available to work approximately 30 hours per week during the Summer and 20-30 during the Fall 2012 semester.
- Junior or Senior working towards completing a Bachelor’s degree
- Major in marketing or marketing analytics preferred
- Prior internship(s) in a small company preferred
- Must demonstrate passion for social media
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have superb communications skills and enjoy engaging people in conversations
- First-hand knowledge of blogging, twitter and/or LinkedIn preferred
Candidates will be required to pass criminal background and credit checks before hiring, as well as periodically thereafter and must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent U.S. work authorization to be considered.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org