The Memorial Day weekend traditionally signals the beginning of summer with its barbeques, lazy afternoons and outdoor activities. If catching up on reading at the beach is one of your summer “to-do’s” I have a few suggestions for you to consider.
I recently spoke to senior trust company executives at the Bank and Trust Summit about how to drive more word-of-mouth referrals. As part of the presentation I included my picks for financial professionals who want to learn more about identifying your firm’s biggest fans and encouraging more conversations – helping them tell their friends about you.
Word of Mouth
1. The Secrets of Word-of-Mouth Marketing, by George Silverman
2. Impact, by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
3. Word of Mouth Marketing, by Andy Sernovitz
4. Raving Fans, by Ken Blanchard and Sheldon Bowles
A few months ago I asked members of the Financial Advisor magazine group on LinkedIn: what's the best business book you've read this year that has helped you in your advisory practice? About 40 advisors provided their suggestions. Below are a few of their top picks.
Best Business Book
1. The Million-Dollar Financial Services Practice by Dave Mullen
2. Thinking Fast & Slow by Daniel Kahneman
3. The Clients Went Wild by Maribeth Kuzmeski
4. The Intelligent Investor by Ben Graham
Lastly, if you want to know which educational white papers from ByAllAccounts your peers have been reading check out this list of the most popular ones from the past 12 months.
ByAllAccounts White Papers
1. How Wealth Managers are Winning Business with the Ultra-Wealthy
2. Reconciliation Best Practice
3. How to Pass the Regulatory Exam
4. Fast, Efficient Reconciliation
You May Also Be Interested In…
Encourage sharing of information about your firm to help drive WOM (Podcast by Cynthia Stephens, VP of Marketing, ByAllAccounts)
Hone Your Marketing Initiatives to Find Better Prospects and Acquire More Clients (Complimentary Whitepaper)
Amplifying Word of Mouth to Drive Referrals (Podcast by Cynthia Stephens, VP of Marketing, ByAllAccounts)comments powered by Disqus